Llamado a posición postdoctorallunes, 23 de julio
Hasta el 31 de agosto de 2018 se encuentra abierta la postulación para el cargo de investigador postdoctoral MicroRaman, bajo la supervisión de la profesora Claudia Cannatelli.
Acá toda la información:
The Andean Geothermal Center of Excellence (CEGA, www.cega.ing.uchile.cl) at the Department of Geology of the Universidad de Chile seeks a highly qualified and motivated postdoctoral scientist to develop research in the field of fluid and melt inclusions. Candidates should have experience operating Raman spectroscopic systems for analyzing fluid and melt inclusions. Research will be conducted in fields related to hydrothermal alteration in geothermal systems, magma genesis in subduction zones and mantle melting processes under the supervision of Dr. Claudia Cannatelli (Director of the Raman Lab). Candidates that apply Raman microspectroscopic methods in determining volatile contents in magmas are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Conduct original research using the Raman spectroscopic method to analyze fluids and solids, including minerals and glasses.
- Develop Raman Spectroscopic methods for in situ analysis of volatiles in melt inclusions and characterization of paleofluids.
- Develop new models for Raman characterization of minerals for geothermal and environmental science research.
- Publish in international peer-reviewed journals and present research results at scientific meetings.
- Help co-supervise Masters and PhD students. Qualifications:
- PhD degree in geosciences or related field obtained not later than 2013.
- Proven experience in Raman Spectroscopy data acquisition and fluid/melt inclusionsanalyses.
- Excellent record of publication and funding
- Capacity for interdisciplinary and international teamwork and excellent communicationskills.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English, Spanish is an assetStarting Date: Immediately
Fixed Term: 2 years (with the possibility of a one year extension)
Plaza Ercilla 803, Santiago – Chile. Tel: 5 (6 2) 9784539 Fax: 5 (62) 6963050 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.dgl.uchile.cl
The position is available immediately and will remain open until filled. Applications must be in English and received by August 31st, 2018. Interested candidates should contact Dr. Claudia Cannatelli (email@example.com) for more information. To apply, candidates should send to Dr. Claudia Cannatelli (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Prof. Diego Morata (email@example.com) a full CV (including publications list), statement of present and future research interests, and the names and contact details of at least two references.